The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure financial records are maintained and reconciled in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Monitor and support taxation requirements.
- Develop and maintain financial databases.
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process.
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Degree in Finance or Accounting, and working toward a CPA is required.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting computer applications.
- Usually a minimum of 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- Must have strong communication and team orientation skills.
If you are interested in applying for one of our current job openings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the Position Title and add your resume as an attachment. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest in Celergo!